Monday, August 1, 2011

SPUDMAN!



Joshy did his first Olympic Triathlon this weekend! It was awesome! I was so impressed! He followed my family's tradition and did the Spudman Tri in Burley, ID. We went up Friday with Layne and Kim and then met his family and two other friends, Matti and Alma, there. We had a great dinner--for my birthday-- and then back to the house for b-day cake and to jump into bed. Josh and I didn't sleep well. I'm sure his nerves were getting to him and well.. I'm pregnant.
We started the morning bright and early. The river was a great temperature for a swim. From what I hear, it was warmer in the water than out. Josh, Layne and Alma started at 7:05am. It was fun watching all the little orange caps float down the river. Matti, Kim and I walked along the path and cheered them on. Swimming is Josh's event so he climbed out of the river first, then Alma and then Layne.
We got a few pictures of them in the transition and then they went one way and we went the other. I did, though, get to see my sister, Kim, off. I was looking for her and then realized she was right in front of me. I started yelling for her and she was maybe about 10 ft a
way from me. Haha.. it was quite funny.
The transition from bike to run seemed a bit rough for the fellas. I can't blame them... when your legs are jelly and they expect you to run up a hill... that's no
t easy for anyone. But, they all did it! My favorite, of course, is when they come to the finish line. Alma came first of the boys, then Layne, and then Josh with his cheering fist high in the air. It was awesome. We are so proud of all of them! They all seemed tired, of course, but great after finishing. I normally lay of the ground when I'm done, but all of them were up and walking around. It was very impressive.

1 comment:

  1. So glad that you started a Blog! I sent you and email to invite you to ours. Wow those boys are amazing! So cool that they were able to complish something like that and doing it together. They dont even look that tired. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete