Sunday, December 4, 2011
Eva's Birth
Just going to play a little catch up. I'll start with.... Eva's birth. :)
On Dec 3rd, I thought my water broke.. rookie mistake. :) We went to the hospital and they checked me and it wasn't broken. They kept me for awhile because Eva was a little distressed. They gave me fluids and after awhile sent me home. Josh and I decided that Red Robin sounded good, so we headed out for some dinner. While at the restaurant, I was feeling some contractions. I have had false labor already, so I just chalked it up to false labor. As the night went on, though, it was getting worse. I was hurting by about midnight. I called the hospital and they said to wait until the contractions were about 1 minute long. So...... I waited.... about 4am I couldn't stand it anymore. Josh and I headed to the hospital about 4:40 am, got the the hospital at 5am, told the nurses my contractions were...."awesome"(they all laughed), got my epidural by 6am and slept until 8am. About 8am is when everyone started to arrive. The nurse kept telling me to relax and try to sleep, but I couldn't! I was going to have a baby soon! about 10:15am, I was feeling some pressure. I thought my epidural was just going to one side, but they checked me and I was full dilated. I started pushing at 10:40am. It was not what I was expecting. People talk about not feeling anything but I felt it. Probably not as I would if I didn't have an epidural, but I felt it. I just kept pushing and pushing. At one point the doc told me to hold on.. but I couldn't. I pushed and she came gushing out! The doctor almost didn't catch her. She was born at 11am. 20 mins after I started pushing! Wahoo! I did tear a lot, though. I had a 3rd degree tear. The doc had to stitch me up for forever! So, I just laid there, cuddling my little wee one. She was 8 lbs 12 oz and 21 1/2 inches long. She was a little chubbers... MY little chubbers. It was the best. She just laid on my chest and snuggled me. I had waited for so long to be a mama and then it happened. I can't believe it happened.
The next few days in the hospital were tiresome. I slept with her in my arms because I couldn't not hold her. Breastfeeding was hard. I had no idea what I was doing and Eva, of course, didn't know what she was doing... and so that was a bad combination. But we both kept trying and finally got it when she was 3 months. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment