Sunday, July 29, 2012
Rob Vaughan
On our way back from the Spudman and Summer's baptism, my mom called to let me know that Rob Vaughan was killed on his motorcycle but a drunk driver. I couldn't believe it. How does that happen? How is someone there one minute and gone the next. He was on his way home from him office that he just sold. He retired a month ago... and he and Donetta put in their mission papers Monday. They were moving to St George. (Donetta still is, in October). I can't imagine how she is feeling. She, I'm sure, had so many plans for their newly retired life. Now she is a widow. It just kills me for her. My heart hurts for her loss.
Someone posted on Grace's FB that at least we know we will see him again. I know that that is true. I know that there is a more than this earth, but I can't imagine saying that to someone... someone who sees him every day. Who wakes up to him and goes to bed at night with him. Someone dying is like the worst "saying goodbye" ever. The news in SD did a piece on it and Macc said that he doesn't have any hard feelings toward the driver. He knows that it was time for him to move on and do work that needs to be done on the other side. I'm so glad Macc has peace. I don't wish harm on the guy that hit Rob, but I want him to know how it is effecting Rob's family. His poor decision changed a family's life forever.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment